Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Who owns the rain?

HeyBub wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Our colleges are full of illiterate students and instructors. Some
of the students manage to graduate and get real jobs. You might
think journalists would be exempt from illiteracy, but it's not
true. Always double check what you read in the news if a story
sounds even microscopically inaccurate.
Graffiti on a college restroom wall:

"If you're a history major, this is the only job you'll ever have."

On the other hand, George Bush has a degree from Yale. In history.

No, he doesn't really. If he did, he would not have repeated it.

Heh! Here's an example of "Google is not ALWAYS your friend!"

I'm sitting in the living room of an attractive lady watching the TV news.
I'm waiting for her to skin a muskrat or whatever women are doing when they
say "I'll be ready in a minute." When, apparently hearing the news and
reaching a stopping point on the muskrat project, she suddenly bursts into
the room and scream: "That goddamn Bush should learn some history!"

I reply: "Uh, he has a degree from Yale. In history." (note similarity to my
comment above).

She: "That's a goddamn lie!"

Me: (tappity-tappity on her computer) "Ah, here it is. He also has an MBA
from Harvard."

She: "THE ****IN' REPUBICANS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE INTERNET!"

Thinking quickly, I concocted a complicated, but believable, excuse for
leaving. I think it was "I have to go." Anyway, I learned two things:

1. Google is not always your friend.
2. Use caution when dating someone who is bi-polar (used to be called
"manic-depressive").

It was only our second date, so I didn't have more than about a hundred
dollars invested in the endeavor. I shudder to think what would have
happened if, say, two years down the road and happily married, I'd found out
then that she was a liberal.

In her defense, Bush *appears* completely ignorant of history,
especially that immediately concerning his father.

If I were Yale, I'd be mortified.

You don't have to be a liberal to realize and accept that while W may
have excellent credentials, he certainly appears to be a ****ing idiot.
And I don't mean that as an exaggeration; I truly believe that Yours
Truly would have made a better President than W.

What's sad is, probably a lot of people voted for Bush not because they
liked him but because they felt the same way about "the other guys."

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel