Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Is there anything that ants can't crawl on?

Nate Nagel wrote:
Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article , Nate Nagel
wrote:

I like your idea, but where does one find boric acid? The Orange
Colored Store has no idea it exists. the Real Hardware Stores close
at 6. Is this something that can be mail-ordered?

Drugstores like Walgreens.

Hmm, don't have one real convenient to me, will have to try CVS though.
(there IS one near the Orange Colored Store, but you'd have to pay me a
lot of money to go back there today. It's across the street from a post
office, and I forgot that today was tax day... Charlie Foxtrot doesn't
even begin to describe the madness that was Lee Highway.)

nate

Follow up:

I started off by buying some fresh "ant baits" from the Orange Colored
Store, in the absence of any boric acid. Set breadbox on three upended
rocks glasses to make it a little harder for ants to get in. Ant
population noticeably decreased (and they stayed out of the breadbox)
but every time I looked there were still 2-3 on the counter at any given
time, looking around for something to eat. Had to hit 3-4 drug stores
before I found one selling boric acid but finally got some. Mixed up
some cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and boric acid into a bottle cap and
set it on the counter. 2 days later ants were 100% gone and I haven't
seen them back since. thanks guys, this is why I post.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel