Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_3_] jeff_wisnia[_3_] is offline

Default Magnets and Electrical Meters

DerbyDad03 wrote:
Grandma won a twin-pack of these at a church function and gave them to
me.

http://tinyurl.com/magnetled

They have 3 ways of being mounted: screws, double stick tape and a
small magnet built into the base.

I was thinking of slapping one on the bottom of my electrical meter
housing just to see how well it will light up the walkway as I round
the corner of my house.

Does anybody see any issues with having a small magnet in such close
proximity to the meter?

Shouldn't cause a problem if it's stuck to the metal housing. The
housing will confine the magnetic field.

Brings to mind what some cheats used to do way back when...Used a great
big old alnico magnet taped onto the meter glass to slow down the shaded
pole motor action of the disk.

Jeff

Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)