Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Who owns the rain?

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:15:11 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

there's lots of water rights issues and laws in the southwest US. there's
all sorts of laws about what happens if you disturb the natural water course
to redirect water onto your neighbor's property; these are also written such
that you can't prevent natural watercourses from their track to NOT have
that water run onto neighboring property. if these laws weren't available,
then the colorado river would be diverted and massive parts of the southwest
would become uninhabitable, perhaps starting another water war.

Living in Arizona, I see this insanity every day.

There are countless studies and newspaper articles
about how population is putting pressure
on our dwindling water supply.

Yet, we have MORE GOLF COURSES per capita
that are heavily watered ( acre-feet ) per day.

I'll believe there is a water problem
when they stop watering the golf courses.