Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Magnets and Electrical Meters

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I didn't ask the power company 'cuz I know what they'll say. They'll
say "No!" just as a CYA.

So, remember "it's easier to get forgiveness than permission" and go
on--what they gonna' do other than take if off or tell you to if they
don't like it?

If as you asy you don't care about losing it, I'd go for the magnet and
see if it helps for the short term then probably use the tape if decided
to leave it there.

As long as it doesn't interfere w/ the meter until it gets replaced or
there's other reason to actually do something other than read it I'd
suspect they would let it go, especially if it is the tape rather than a
magnet that could conceivably be thought a (rather farfetched) attempt
at skewing readings.

imo, $0.02, ymmv, etc., etc., ...