Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default truck electric leak

"Karl Townsend" wrote:

I need the truck to haul home my latest toy...

I've had to leave the battery disconnected cause the juice gets sucked down.
So, today I put the ohm meter between the + post and ground. Got 180 ohm.
Pulled one fuse at a time hoping to find a faulty circuit. No joy, same
reading the whole time.

Any suggestions on how to find what's draining my battery?

Karl

As others pointed out, the ohm meter reading isn't very reliable. My bad.

Harbor Freight has a centec multimeter that will read 10A DC. Slow response, yada but
what do you expect for 4 bucks. If there is a HF near you, get one and check current
with battery in circuit then get back to us.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller