Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default FERC says no more nuke or coal plants needed

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 4/23/2009 11:32 AM Kurt Ullman spake thus:

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

What "roving" (I think you meant "rolling") brownouts and blackouts?
That hasn't happened here since the Enron era, and at that time they had
*nothing* to do with any actual lack of supply and *everything* to do
with some greedy *******s' manipulation of the electricity market.

No it had to do largely with California's desire to legislate wishes
instead of reality (something that continues to this under Ahnold). They
made the integrated companies break off into two separate entities (one
generation and one distribution/delivery). They let the generators
charge whatever they wanted and kept the delivery (since that was where
the citizens were getting charged and we can't get them ****ed at us)
closely regulated. The electicity went other places where the money was
and California was hoist on its own petard.

Thank you for confirming what I wrote: "greedy *******s' maniuplation of
the electricity market". Why didn't you just say "I agree"?

Becuase I don't. It wasn't greed it was normal commerce. Sorta shows
how detached from the marketplace the regulated utilities are in real
life. Or more likely shows WHY the regulated utilities should be
regulated completely or not at all. This half way stuff did not work out
all that well.

--
"Distracting a politician from governing
is like distracting a bear from eating your baby."

--PJ O'Rourke