Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Who owns the rain?

On Apr 23, 1:52*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in ...

Sanity wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
"By capturing rainwater, some homeowners are breaking the law. This has
put city and state governments in an awkward position-smack in the
middle of competing water users and advocates, often from within their
own agencies, of conserving water to protect supplies."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...h/4314447.html

Some say rainwater should follow its natural course instead of being
diverted by homeowners so that the homeowner's betters can allocate the
water based on need - or political pressure - to those more, um, worthy
of wetting.

It's for the children.

If the government says that I can't keep the water that falls on my land,
let the government keep the water from falling on it!!!!!

A construction company dug a foundation somewhere and
when it rained, the excavation was filled with water.
The Feds stepped in and forbade the construction firm
from pumping out the water because it had now become
a wetland and had to be protected. I may have to look
it up on Snopes but that's about how I remember the
news story. People with lots of guns can do all sorts
of asinine things to you.

TDD

That sounds like complete bull****.- Hide quoted text -

It is bs, first the Army corp is so backed up they take 6 months or
more to come out. I had land surveyed by the Army Corp of Engineers to
see if it was a wetland, flooding was not the critera they went by for
this piece of land, it was what was growing there, types of trees and
plants. Certain types grow, and many others wont if its wetland.