Posted to alt.home.repair

Default proper storage of all those fuel cans

Valves on the smaller tanks are noted for leaking. Very
often, I just leave the appliance hooked up. Lantern,
torch, whatever. I trust the on off knob more than the
schraeder valve.

You can put some water in the end of the tank, see if it
bubbles. That helps tell if the shrader valve is holding.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"harry k" wrote in message

I store my butane camp lantern in the basement along with
the fuel
canisters. Last year I had to use it during an extended
power outage
(about 2 hours). Started with a fresh canister. Power
outage over, I
removed the canister. Next time I went to use it, the
canister was
totally empty. Obviously the valve had not totally sealed
and all the
remaining fuel leaked off.

Harry K