Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve R.[_3_] Steve R.[_3_] is offline

Default truck electric leak

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
Well, so much for humour - is this the same truck you were having
trouble with a while ago (last winter?) - it was giving you a hard
time in the battery charging area, then it sort of spontaneously fixed
itself for a while. As others have said, its probably the diodes in
the alternator (or, possibly, the voltage regulator)- while your in

You got a good memory. Also, the volt drain must not be a constant, it
drained a new battery in a couple days. I'd check and couldn't get any ohm
reading ( or current - same thing)

Maybe I'm too rich, I just trade in alternators. Too much trouble to
rebuild wrong and have to do it again.

To the other post - deep creep once per hour till bedtime. if that don't
work, I'll give the alternator the rose bud - but I got to remove a whole
pile of rubber hoses before I do that.

If that don't work - I may be screwed glued and tattooed. Don't see how
else to remove it. Probably pull the engine.

Karl

If you know much about electrical circuits, and electronics, it's pretty
hard to do a bad rebuild. I did my own for a couple of decades. Then I did
it for a living for a while. There was not one bad rebuild in the lot!

Steve R.