Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve R.[_3_] Steve R.[_3_] is offline

Default truck electric leak

"Stuart Wheaton" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
I need the truck to haul home my latest toy...

I've had to leave the battery disconnected cause the juice gets sucked
down. So, today I put the ohm meter between the + post and ground. Got
180 ohm. Pulled one fuse at a time hoping to find a faulty circuit. No
joy, same reading the whole time.

Any suggestions on how to find what's draining my battery?

Everything isn't on a fuse...

Both the alternator and the starter are on a fusible link that is tied
into the wiring... If pulling all the fuses doesn't find it, pull the
large wires off the starter and alternator...

It's not likely to be the starter! A failed diode in the alternator is more
common than most may think.

Steve R.