Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Air conditioner screen

John Grabowski wrote:
"Nancy Young" wrote

I would like to make one. When I had my A/C replaced, I certainly
didn't expect it to be noisier than the old one. I worry that it
might
be bothering my neighbors. Ditto my pool filter, it's on the same
side. So I would like to put a wood screen to try to dull the noise
for them.

Have you considered the possibility of using bushes as a sound buffer?

I'm sorry I didn't respond to this earlier, I just saw it now.

I have thought of that, and I did actually start towards that,
but both the pool filter and the A/C unit are in areas where
nothing grows because of large maples. I'm not having
any success with that. I have considered growing some
kind of vine on any screen I put up.

Watch, they'll be the only vines that don't take over my whole
yard, a first. Heh. Thanks for the idea. I am going to look
for a fence company, there are a couple that I know of. I
don't want to spend a fortune, but I wonder if this project is
out of my league because of my lack of appropriate tools.

nancy