Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dangerous electrical panels?

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 00:56:56 -0700, Daniel Prince
wrote:

We recently received a flyer from an electrician. It says:

ELECTRICAL
PANEL SAFE?
A Potential
HAZARD
could exist at your home

AT RISK: Federal Pacific,
Zinsco, X.O Style Square D,
Pushmatic, Challenger,
Crouse Hinds, Sylvania

We have a Federal Pacific panel. My brother thinks this means our
panel is unsafe. I think this electrician is just trying to scare
up business. His list seems to be just about every brand of panel
ever made.

What do you think? Thank you in advance for all