Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default FERC says no more nuke or coal plants needed

Kurt Ullman wrote in
:

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Since this is a perennial favorite topic here--"Where we gonna git
our energy from?"--I thought it apropos to post this news flash:

http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=2...d=ajl3fRv9AdDI

The lede:

The U.S. may never need to build new nuclear or coal-fired power
plants because renewable energy and improved efficiency can meet
future power demand, the head of the Federal Energy Regulatory
Commission said.

To all those red-meat,
gotta-build-more-nukes-and-greenhouse-gas-spewing-coal-plants types
here (we know who you are), keep in mind: this isn't some
granola-eating, tree-hugging enviro-meddler[1] talking, but the head
of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Much worse than that. Wellinghoff, a Democrat, was appointed
chairman
by President Barack Obama last month. He has served on the commission
since 2006.

the "improved efficiency" is everybody forced into public
transportation,reducing their lifestyle,doing less.

Electric cars require far more electric power than conservation will free
up.(assuming you can afford to buy a new electric car...)

IMO,we need more nuke plants,but don't need any more coal-fired plants.

And we need domestic oil drilling,production and refining,to power all the
current petro autos and trucks.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik