Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default truck electric leak

Well, so much for humour - is this the same truck you were having
trouble with a while ago (last winter?) - it was giving you a hard
time in the battery charging area, then it sort of spontaneously fixed
itself for a while. As others have said, its probably the diodes in
the alternator (or, possibly, the voltage regulator)- while your in

You got a good memory. Also, the volt drain must not be a constant, it
drained a new battery in a couple days. I'd check and couldn't get any ohm
reading ( or current - same thing)

Maybe I'm too rich, I just trade in alternators. Too much trouble to rebuild
wrong and have to do it again.

To the other post - deep creep once per hour till bedtime. if that don't
work, I'll give the alternator the rose bud - but I got to remove a whole
pile of rubber hoses before I do that.

If that don't work - I may be screwed glued and tattooed. Don't see how else
to remove it. Probably pull the engine.

Karl