Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_20_] Tim[_20_] is offline

Default truck electric leak

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
I narrowed the problem down to my alternator. Drain of .2 amp.

So, I tried to remove the alternator a got into A REAL MESS. the bottom
bolt is rusted on. Put a 3/8 x 9/16 socket on it and couldn't budge it.
Put a 1/2x9/16 socket on it with my S-K Wayne ratchet and couldn't budge
it. Bounced on it, the wrench came loose along with a bunch of knuckle
blood. Put a cheater on a 9/16 impact 6 point socket - the socket spit in
two parts - never seen that before. Took the radiator out and put my
impact wrench on it, still no joy. I said something like mother f%^& cock
%^*&( and called it a day.

Karl

Did you soak it in Liquid Wrench for the night?