Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Small petrol engine - cylinder head bolt torque?

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)"
saying something like:

I've never seem lb.in used for engine stuff though - although my
experience is only really with older UK cars. Lb.in is used in auto boxes
for some things - I've got a torque screwdriver specifically for this.

Hours of fun can be had when Haynes mis-appropriately use the wrong
units (fairly obvious) or even just give the wrong figures in the right
units (not so obvious, but explains why so many cam holders on older
Suzukis are stripped), especially on alloy castings.