Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Road signs

Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 07:25:39 UTC, "nightjar" cpb@insert my surname
here.me.uk wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
et...
mark wrote:

"Dave" wrote:
Can anyone explain why some road signs have those triangle, square and
circular emblems on them? Sometimes they are empty and sometimes they
are solid colour. I would imagine that they are there for the emergency
services, but I can't understand what is what.
Triangle-Circle-Rectangle = Warn- Inform- Direct
I suspect you should have read more of the question before answering,
anyway I though triangle was for information and circle was an order.

It is obvious neither of you have read the DoT publication 'Know your
traffic signs'. Circles give orders, triangles warn and rectangles inform,.

We're not talking normal traffic signs here. Or do you realise that?
it's unclear.

This is the small (probably 20cm across) solid coloured emblems on the
large rectangular direction signs.

Glad some one is up to speed on this. :-)

Dave