Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Reading a digital meter

On Apr 21, 4:46*pm, Snozz wrote:
I have a new digital meter on my little house. *I am trying to figure
out how much electricity is being drawn whenever most of my appliances
are off. *I used to be able to gauge this by how long it took one
revolution of the wheel on the old meters. *On this meter there is no
wheel, just a LCD readout. *It lists the kWh and a couple other things
I don't recognize. *It is a Elster, and has the identifiers Type2SD
and also e239953, which I thought might have been model #'s, but I
can't find anything on these, like a product manual.

If you are really concerned about modifying your electrical usage.
You might want to consider a Brultech data collector:

http://www.brultech.com/HomeEnergy/ecm1240intro2.html

Taking a single snapshot in time from your house meter really wont
tell ou much about overall usage patterns.