Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Maxwell Maxwell is offline

Default Red neck head check

"stryped" wrote in message

WOuld it be better to do the duct tape or to add pressure and stick it
in a tank.

Thanks guys for the duct tape idea!

Hard to say, it depends on your particular leak, so I guess you could say
pressure is better, but just seldom actually necessary. I think most (but
not all) cracks will leak standing water if they leak at all. But again not
always.

But the duct tape and standing water is just something easy to do at home.
You have to have some pretty substantial block off plates to add pressure,
and a large enough dip tank if you care where the leak is coming from. Keep
in mind, most shops don't care where a leak is, to them any leak scraps the
head no mater where it is located.