Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Road signs

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:19:05 GMT, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I reckon the most misunderstood pair of signs are "Oncoming vehicles
have priority" and "You have priority over oncoming vehicles",

They just aren't clear I notice the googling around just now that proper
current use of them also includes an explanatory plate.

There is a narrow section of road near here with them and a give way line
in one dierction but I'm pretty certain the signage in both directions is
just the appropiate rectangular one without any explanatory plate. If I
read things correctly the side with the give way line should have a round
version and plate and the other the rectangular and plate.

I feel a report to the councils traffic department coming on if they are
incorrect.

You are right. There should always be one round (at the give way
line, if present) and one rectangular for the other direction.

What you have is, essentially, approaching drivers both being
told that they have priority.

Chris

--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK