Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz[_2_] bz[_2_] is offline

Default "Sleepy Hollow" awakes

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

"Starship Troopers" got really mixed reviews, with many
reviewers rather missing the film's anti-war, anti-fascist message --
which were apparently not exactly what Robert Heinlein was thinking when
he wrote the novel (which I have not read).

You might enjoy reading some extracts from one of Heinleins books.
The extracts, which can be read at
http://www.angelfire.com/or/sociologyshop/lazlong.html
were published in a very pretty booklet entitled 'the notebooks of Lazarus
long'.

Here are a few to whet your appetite:

[quote]
Certainly the game is rigged. Don’t let that stop you; if you don’t bet,
you can’t win.

Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved innocent.

Always listen to experts. They’ll tell you what can’t be done and why. Then
do it!

Get a shot off fast. This upsets him long enough to let you make your
second shot perfect.

There is no conclusive evidence of life after death. But there is no
evidence of any sort against it. Soon enough you will know. So why fret
about it?

If it can’t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.
[unquote]

--
bz

infinite set.