Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus1265 Ignoramus1265 is offline

Default Moving an Air Compressor - Aftermath

On 2009-04-22, Carla Fong wrote:
We decided against purchasing this compressor - amounted to too much $$$
for a 40+ year old machine with limited parts availability.

Any thoughts on new compressors, like the ones from Harbor Freight or
Eaton Compressor?

Carla
Energizer Bunny arrested - charged with battery.

Carla, you can buy a great used compressor for not too much. Scan your
local liquidation auctions. Basically it is not too hard to find a
used., high quality, 2 stage, single phase compressor for $350. The
more time you are willing to wait, the less you will pay.

I recently bought a working Quincy 390 compressor for $280 total.

A used three phase compressor would cost you about $20-30 per HP or
so. But then you have to worry about phase conversion and such, which
are all solvable issues.

I would not buy a Harbor Freight compressor, based on my own
experience.