Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default Worn Friction Hinge on Desk Lamp

gpsman wrote:
On Apr 21, 3:27 pm, Peter wrote:
I don't even see any way to disassemble the hinges.

Well, shirley there has to be some kind of pin that could be drilled
out and maybe replaced with a boat, washers and wingnut...

Practically anything can be fixed, but that sounds like a candidate
for the recycle bin.
-----

- gpsman

Good idea if I had a drill press to stay precisely on axis. However, I failed
to mention that the wiring for the lamp is entirely inside the arms and hinge
assembly. My hope is to repair the friction hinge, not obliterate it.

Recycle bin? Not likely! Equivalent quality/feature replacement lamps are $80
and the lamp is otherwise fully functional.