Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default Worn Friction Hinge on Desk Lamp

I've got a clamp-on, adjustable swing arm desk lamp with fully enclosed friction
hinges connecting the base, the arms, and the shade. There are no springs,
tension knobs, screw holes, or any other apparent method of adjusting the
friction. The hinge closest to the base has worn and no longer supports any
extended lamp position. I don't even see any way to disassemble the hinges.
I've spent hours with Google trying to get help, but no luck. The manufacturer
has not been of help either. Any bright ideas?