Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default 3-pt quick-connect

dpb wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
dpb wrote:
Pete C. wrote:

I'm pretty sure they have the other style as well if you can find it in
their catalog.
One of the guys at the donut shop had a new HF catalog so he brung it
in...no 3-pt stuff at all in it, anyway.

Don't suppose I could get you to take a look and see if there's any
chance it's in one there by any chance?

I looked through my most recent stack of some 17 HF catalogs and flyers
and didn't find it. I did see the other unit listed in a number of them
however. Perhaps I only saw that one in the Northern Tool flyers. I
suppose you could call / email their HQ and ask.

And, on subject brought up later no, there's no HF outlet within 250
miles so there's no point in the getting inundated by the store flyers.

Too bad, with those 20% coupons and a local store you can get some
really good deals. You can also inspect items before you buy them which
is a big help in finding the gems.

Thanks for looking, Pete. I'll fuss and probably go ahead I suppose. I
really have found nothing else like them altho it seems so obvious.

I dug through the various jun--err, used parts piles and didn't find
much to start from for building a pair. I was thinking I had the end
castings off the lift arms from an old Allis snap-coupler setup I
thought might work but couldn't come across them and nothing else
particularly helpful...

The lack of touchy-feely is primarily why I virtually never use HF --
just too much chance involved w/ the mail-order stuff as to whether its
worth anything at all to make it worth fooling with.

When you are looking at a possible HF item you can ping here and folks
with local stores can confirm if an item is good. I can definitely tell
you that their 6" and 12" digital calipers and their 0-3" conventional
micrometer sets are very good deals, especially on sale / coupons. Their
new digital micrometer looks good too, just waiting for the next sale
and coupon to snag it at my local store (3 around here).

Anyway, thanks again...