Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jw jw is offline

Default Moving an Air Compressor

On Apr 20, 7:09*am, Ignoramus32638 ignoramus32...@NOSPAM.
32638.invalid wrote:
On 2009-04-20, Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Apr 20, 1:28?am, Carla Fong wrote:
This is an old (1965) Wayne compressor - I googled and could not find
parts for them, so it may be not as great a deal as I thought.

Carla

I'd ask local repair shops, they might have dusty old parts for it on
a back shelf. I found an old set of rings for my Kellogg-American
compressor that way.

The price to pay for such a compressor, if it truly needs work beyond
the trivial stuff like copper tubing or regulators, should be
approximately zero.

A vertical tank is worth something even if the compressor is shot. At
least around here. I can find decent sized horizontal units (5hp) any
day of the week for $100(most are old dairy system compressors). But
I have yet to find a vertical for less than $200, even with a blown
compressor.

I would like to find a good vertical tank, but at this point I have
given up the floor space for my horizontal so it doesn't really matter
anymore.

JW