Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Larter Bob Larter is offline

Default "Sleepy Hollow" awakes

William Sommerwerck wrote:
If it's of any interest... IJ&tKotCS plays fine, but "Starship Troopers"
will not play. And it's a Sony (ie, Columbia) disk.

Weird. So much for the region code theory. Which one? Starship
Troopers One, Two, or Three?

The first.

Is this your posting (under an alias)?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090328204853AAzDsbG
If not, you're not the only one with a problem "Starship Troopers"
Blu-Ray disk or player.

In all sincerity, thank you for doing for me what I should have done for
myself. It didn't occur to me to search for others with the same problem.

This is not my posting, but the description is identical. Guess I'm going to
have to call Sony again.

One responder said "Maybe your player has its s***ty movie filter
activated".

LOL.

"Starship Troopers" got really mixed reviews, with many
reviewers rather missing the film's anti-war, anti-fascist message

The SS style uniforms on the intelligence officers were a bit of a giveaway.

-- which
were apparently not exactly what Robert Heinlein was thinking when he wrote
the novel (which I have not read).

The book is nothing like the movie. Seeing the movie after reading the
book, it seems like the director had his tongue firmly in his cheek.