Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Toilet Pan Connector

"Jimbo1982" wrote

Hi,

I am replacing a toilet which goes in to what appears to be an
asbestos soil pipe I have a few questions. Initially can I say that I
can't realistically replace the soil pipe with a PVC one as it goes
through a newly refurbished extension.

1. Will a standard pan connector create a water tight seal on an
asbestos soil pipe.

2. The diameter of the waste pipe is 120mm where it appears all pan
connectors sold in DIY shops are 110mm, are there any suggestions. Can
I get away with a 110mm connector and Plumbers Maite?

3. I have to cut the pipe back a little 3" what should I use to cut
through the pipe and what safety precautions should I take

If there is are other suggestions I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance,

James

Some good info here on working with asbestos http://www.hse.gov.uk/asbestos/

phil