Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Air conditioner screen

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
Question, how far can you go with this? Can I go to the lumber yard
and say I need 10 boards cut to 36 inch lengths, 20 other boards cut
the same way, whatever? Or are they going to say, lady, we're not
a hobby shop. Cut your own wood. (laugh) What's the deal?

Some will, some won't. If you see a shop that says "lumber & millwork" they
will. Figure out what you need a make a few phone calls

Another method is to find a neighbor that does woodworking as a hobby. Most
of us would gladly do the work for free or for a cup of coffee or a six
pack. Just a neighborly thing to do. Ask your neighbors or co-workers.