Posted to rec.woodworking
David G. Nagel[_2_] David G. Nagel[_2_] is offline

Default OT- Captain jumps overboard, SEALs shoot pirates (Apr 12) (US3, Pirates 0)

Jack Stein wrote:
David G. Nagel wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

I'm with you. If some news reports of the pirates ages are correct,
Obama should get all the credit for killing the children.

Not saying anything was done wrong, but seems to me if you can hook
up a towline to the boat, you should have been able to do something
other than blow the kids heads off. I wondered from the beginning
why they couldn't just blow some holes in the boat. The boat was
already dead in the water so these punks had little negotiating
power. Sink the boat and 4 punks swimming 30 miles from shore seems
like a weak bargaining position for the kids... Of course, if I were
the pilot, I'd go for the head explosions, particularly after the fact.

On that note, has anyone seen interviews of the pilot to get his in
depth thoughts? I don't watch left wing media much, so I could have
missed him...

Good idea except for one thing. The damn things are unsinkable.....

Just like the Titanic:-)

No, the RMS Titanic sideswiped an iceberg and ripped the hull open.
There is absolutely no flotation material in the ship. A modern life
boat hull is composed of flotation material. Even if holed as bad as
Captain Smith's command the life boat won't sink. If broken into small
pieces you can use the chunks as flotation devices.