Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mitre Saw Purchase - Tips and considerations?

In article
,
wrote:
fwiw:
http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....tre_saw_review

PS How much accuracy do you need for a reroof job?

Indeed. I've got an el cheapo PPPro sliding one - but with a 10" blade. It
doesn't have indents for the common angles - just a scale, but the pointer
is adjustable. The slide action is a bit sticky, but the upside is there's
pretty well no slop. For most things just setting it with the scale is
fine - for accurate things you can use a set square. It will cut a 12"
wide plank - and 4 x 2. Anything which didn't would be a waste of time.

It's one of those tools which does everything I need. I'm sure a good make
at several times the price would be better - but even although it gets a
lot of use I couldn't justify spending that much.

--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.