Posted to alt.home.repair
Square Peg[_2_] Square Peg[_2_] is offline

Default Best quick-connect for rope?

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:21:50 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Square Peg" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:46:18 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:
Why not put a small loop in one end and thread the other end through it.
Then if you mark the rope you just pull through to you get the distance
you
want.

That's brilliant!!! Brilliant, I tell you. ;-)

This has the added advantage of providing for intermediate sizes.

The extra rope can be laid alongside the circle. If the extra rope
creates too much clutter, I can make 2-3 sizes.

Thank you very much.

Glad that helped. Sometimes throwing out a question to the groups will give
an answer that you would never have thought of. YOu may have to sort
through a bunch of ideas, but one may be just the thing.

Quite right. This time, it seems to have struck pay dirt.