vmtw

Default face frame...dowels or Kreg jig?

"Ted" wrote in message ...
Mike,

How does the one hole version stack up with 3" face frame that needs 2
screws per joint?

With the single Kreg you
clamp drill unclamp move clamp drill unclamp
With the double Kreg you
clamp drill drill unclamp. Saves a little time is all.

"Mike in Mystic" wrote in message
news
I have the simple one hole Kreg jig and have used it to make face frames
quite a few times with perfect results. I haven't done the same with
dowels, but the pocket hole jig is so easy to use I can't imagine that

drill
dowel holes will be easier. As long as you align the jig properly and

clamp
it in place while drilling, it's pretty foolproof.

Mike