Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default GU10 shattered

Lee wrote:
I've just had a (mains) GU10 shatter into nice sharp shards all over the
floor, rather impressive spread given the small amout of glass involved...

I was under the impression that these bulbs weren't meant to do this...
Should I be worried any others might follow suite? (These are branded,
not no-names) Just concerned for ours and the cats feet

Generally they should not do this. However, make sure you don't touch
the glass when installing the new bulbs (wear gloves or install them
using the box etc). Leaving finger print oil on the glass may increase
the risk of explosion.

--
Cheers,

John.