Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Air conditioner screen

Smitty Two wrote:

"Nancy Young" wrote:

I would like to make one. When I had my A/C replaced, I certainly
didn't expect it to be noisier than the old one. I worry that it
might be bothering my neighbors. Ditto my pool filter, it's on the
same side. So I would like to put a wood screen to try to dull the
noise for them.

I agree with others that most places will do this, at some nominal
"per cut" charge. I'd say you're more likely to get more accurate
cuts at a real lumber yard. Tell them in advance that you don't own a
saw and you need the cuts to be accurate.

Good advice.

But I'll suggest something else that others didn't mention: I don't
think your plan is going to block a noticeable amount of noise.

I think it will muffle it to some extent, I'm willing to give it a try
anyway. I hope there's some reduction in noise. There is a
good 40 feet or so between their bedroom window and my
pool filter.

Thanks.

nancy