Posted to alt.home.repair
Square Peg[_2_] Square Peg[_2_] is offline

Default Best quick-connect for rope?

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:46:18 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Square Peg" wrote in message
.. .
I want to make circles of various sizes out of nylon rope to use as
targets for practicing short golf shots. The method I am using calls
for the target circle to have a radius that is 1/10 of the length of
the shot. If I am practicing 10-yard chip shots, I would need a target
circle with a radius of 1 yard. For 30-yard pitch shots, I'd need a
target circle with a radius of 3 yards.

Why not put a small loop in one end and thread the other end through it.
Then if you mark the rope you just pull through to you get the distance you
want.

That's brilliant!!! Brilliant, I tell you. ;-)

This has the added advantage of providing for intermediate sizes.

The extra rope can be laid alongside the circle. If the extra rope
creates too much clutter, I can make 2-3 sizes.

Thank you very much.