Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Air conditioner screen

"George" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:

I don't have much in the way of wood working tools. In the past when I
wanted to make something, say a raised flower bed or a
shelf, I would go buy 2Xwhatevers and ask them to cut one or two
in half, or to a length.
Question, how far can you go with this?

Try a real local lumber yard. Around here there are at least 3 that have
shops that will do such cutting very reasonably. As a bonus they buy
better quality wood so you don't have to pick through piles of wood to
get a few good pieces.

Oh, okay! I hadn't considered that. I usually buy from a local
place because I don't want to drive too far with lumber hanging
out the back of my car anyway. I didn't know their lumber was
likely better, too.

Another option would be to search for a local fence company. They
probably even stock the sort of panel you want in either wood or resin.

Thanks very much. I will do that.

nancy