Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Air conditioner screen

wrote

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:53:12 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

Question, how far can you go with this? Can I go to the lumber yard
and say I need 10 boards cut to 36 inch lengths, 20 other boards cut
the same way, whatever? Or are they going to say, lady, we're not
a hobby shop. Cut your own wood. (laugh) What's the deal?

These days most building supply companies are not that busy. I would
call around and ask if they can provide you with "X" number of 36"
pieces and "X" whatever you are using for rails etc.
They will either say they are not equipped to do that or quote you a
price.

I think you can even get the HD/Lowes people to do these cuts for "X"
per cut. (over their "free" maximum) That will really be up to the
people at each store. If you are buying enough stuff they might do it
for free.
Just plan it all out so you know what you need and get a few extras.

Okay, thanks! So I know this is something they're prepared to do
for a fee if necessary. I feel better about asking, then. I'll just
have to figure out what I need.

nancy