Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default OT- Captain jumps overboard, SEALs shoot pirates (Apr 12) (US3, Pirates 0)

mac davis wrote:

Just MHO, but if I was the hostage, I'd be praying for those snipers to get it
done SOON..

Me too.

I've been shot at and it ain't a lot of fun..
A 10 year old with an AK on full auto has got a pretty good chance of hitting a
swimmer from a few yards away..

The guy had already jumped in the water to swim away, and they didn't
shoot him. My thought would be if the boat sank, they wouldn't shoot
him either. Once they were in the water, 30 miles from shore, they
probably would be looking more for rescue than looking to shoot someone.
Didn't we already "rescue" one of the sick pirates?

Assuming a banana clip, he'd have 30 tries..

but nowhere to go... Still, I agree, kill'em now would be my thoughts
as a hostage... I wonder what he was thinking...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com