Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Moving an Air Compressor

Carla Fong wrote:
We just found a used upright air compressor.

When we pick this up and move it, is there any reason we could not lay
it on its side in the bed of the pickup, rather than hauling it upright
with the compressor on the top?

Just remember that while laying the compressor on its side makes it less
likely to fall over while you're driving your truck (this shouldn't be
an issue anyway, as you should have the compressor tied down), it makes
it more likely to fall over while you're trying to get it into the
horizontal position. Possibly on top of you :-).

A crane is probably one of the safer ways to lay the compressor on its side.

Best wishes,

Chris