Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Slate roof temporary repairs?

In message , "george (dicegeorge)"
writes
I bought a pile of wbp, it delaminated after one bout of rain. They
agreed to replace it, and did so... with more of the same crp. Never
again.

NT

I suspect that if that was the case it was not WBP and should not
have
been sold as such!
Chris

But doesnt ply have the type that it is printed on it,
in which case wickes were selling something called WBP which wasnt
waterproof,

Well yes, but I'd suggest it's most likely either a duff batch, badly
manufactured, or a mis labelled batch.

I've bought WBP for various places over the years, timber merchants, DIY
sheds etc. (including Wickes I'm sure) non has ever delaminated.

so if I buy WBP from our local builders merchant
how can I suss if it will not delaminate

Well, it's really somethign I'd worry about (see how many people her
will report such experinces), but you could stick an off cut in some
water for a bit I guess.

--
Chris French