Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32638 Ignoramus32638 is offline

Default Moving an Air Compressor

On 2009-04-20, Carla Fong wrote:
We just found a used upright air compressor.

When we pick this up and move it, is there any reason we could not lay
it on its side in the bed of the pickup, rather than hauling it upright
with the compressor on the top?

No problem, just be careful.

These things look top-heavy and unstable, but every time I've seen one
being transported it was upright (usually on a skid or pallet).

Is this like a refrigeration compressor with oil sluicing around and we
would need to let it sit for a couple of days to allow the oil to pool
back into the sump - or is it likely that we'd damage it just by putting
it on its side regardless?

I would not worry

Carla
Law of Close Encounters: The probability of meeting someone you know
increases when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.