Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM PM is offline

Default Cable marking

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
John Weston wrote:
In article . com,
"Jules" wrote:
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:58:32 +0000, tinnews wrote:
I just write on the cable itself with a fine marker pen, it seems
to last pretty well on normal T&E (either white or grey).

Seconded - I've done that for most of the AC wiring in the house as
I've been tracing things out; I suspect it'll survive pretty well.

In the UK I used to just stick small paper labels to the plugs with
plain ol' sellotape - they were all still going strong after nearly
ten years.

Unfortunately, over a long term Sellotape adhesive dries out and the
becomes brown. I've got several archival documents that have been
runied that way

It also loses adhesion.

I need it to last 2 to 3 years max.