Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default How to dig deep post holes with water?

On Apr 18, 10:18*pm, trg-s338 wrote:
Getting old, had bilateral Carpal Tunnel Syndrome surgery recently. *I
therefore cannot use the post hole digger like I used to. *Don't want
to use motorized earth auger. *Don't want to use hired labor. *I want
to dig 4 foot deep, 10 inch diameter post holes. *The soil is grey
clay, hard as a rock when dry, gooey when wet. *I was thinking about
using high pressure water via jet system of some kind to erode the
soil and a trash water pump of some sort to suck the water out as I
work the hole. I was thinking the water can be recirculated as the
soil from the pump is accumulated in some container within the
system. *There is no sense in inventing this system for my use if
there is information for this kind of tooling at a DIY price. *Would
you folks kindly give me input on aspects of this idea that I might
not have considered and suggestions on reasonably priced parts
(preferably obtainable used) I could use to cobble up such a system?
I am certain there are commercial systems such as these. *I would like
to take a look at their info just to get some ideas. *Any links to
info? *Thank you for your time.

You need a shovel spoon, 7' or 8' like linemen used years ago for
telephone poles. Check these out at: http://www.hydroninc.com/pdfs/180_183.pdf

Joe