Posted to alt.home.repair
franpotter franpotter is offline

Default Karcher Pressure Washer question?

franpotter had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...on-368840-.htm
:
I am having the same problem with the soap not working. Have tried all the
recommended troubleshooting (cleaning filter, etc.) with no success.
There does not appear to be anything moving in the tube between the large
yellow "tank" and the detergent container. Will be interested to know if
dissasembling the unit would work.

-------------------------------------
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:42:44 -0400,
wrote:

I have one and use it regularly. However, it no longer will syphon
in
any liquid through the dip hose. I've cleaned and tested the
intake
filter so it flows easily and the tube is clear.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to repair this condition? If I
disassembled the unit to gain access to where the intake hose
connects
to the pump, is there anything that I can do at that point?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The pressure washer creates the vacuum by the venturi effect.
Basically a small orifice is placed in the path of flow to increase
the speed of the fluid within the orifice. A small soap inlet line is
then connected to the high speed fluid. This connection creates the
vacuum.

The small size of this soap connection may be plugged with debris.
Try to force a cleaning agent into the soap inlet or blow air into it.

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/