Posted to uk.rec.audio,uk.d-i-y
Dave Starling Dave Starling is offline

Default DAB portable radio with SD record/play mp3 & batteries

On Apr 17, 1:50 am, John Stumbles wrote:
I'm looking for a portable radio with the ability to play back music from a
memory card[1] when there's nothing good[2] on the radio. This seems to
point in the direction of DAB + SD where the SD is intended for recording
from the radio but can also play back mp3s.

I too would like such a unit and the best I've found spec searching is
the Roberts RD41. At £120 this probably qualifies as silly money for a
work radio but I suppose it depends how you value your entertainment.
The only drawback I see is it uses a wallwart adaptor (which Im not a
fan of).

My Intempo DAB took a serious fall but continues to work and I can
just about cope when BBC radio has nothing with Chill/Classicfm/
absolute. That said it would be nice to have the ability to playback
from SD. I guess in a couple of years time we will have the £50 range
of ghetto blasters that have this capability.

Dave