Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Solar Fans vs. Wind turbines

Clot wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Clot wrote:

(Snip)
You'll love this (from another group)

THESE UK MEN NEED SUPERVISION!

* Sir Ranulph Fiennes, the first man to walk across Anartica and
holder of medals for polar expeditions,

* Sir Robin Knox-Johnston was the first man to sail singlehanded and
non-stop around the globe, and in 1994 won the Jules Verne Trophy for
the fastest circumnavigation of the world by yacht.

* John Simpson has been shelled in Afghanistan, bombed with poison
gas in the Iran-Iraq war and dodged bullets in Tiananmen Square.

The BBC required the men to take classes on how to light and operate a
propane stove.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-accident.html

Thanks for that. I hadn't come across it. Sadly, it doesn't surprise me.

I'm in the midst of helping to arrange a Mayday Carnival (its 30th year and
I've personally been involved in for 25). Over the years, the requirements
of the local authority for risk assessments, hygiene certificates and a host
of other requirements are such that we produce a thick lever arched file for
the authority.

There is now a post in the local authority employing a bozo to ask stupid
questions and block any initiatives. Simply removing the post would help but
in these precautious times (and local empires), no one has publicly stated
this!

I suppose these government actions illustrate what is meant
by the term "Nanny State" where the citizenry is/are treated
like children.

TDD