Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default "Sleepy Hollow" awakes

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:15:04 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

After several attempts, I finally got through to someone at Sony.

Hint: It would have been nice if you had disclosed the maker and
model number of the problem Blue-Ray drive. An amazing number of
problems can be fixed by firmware updates.

I was told to reset the player, by pressing Stop and Power (on the unit)
simultaneously for 10 seconds. Lo and behold, the movie then played.

Hmmm... I couldn't find any reference to that using Google. Must be
an inside secret. Don't tell anyone.

"STOP" and "POWER" together, or sometimes just holding "POWER" whilst
applying line power, is a typical reset sequence, used by many manufacturers
of many different types of equipment ...

Arfa

Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558