Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus3681 Ignoramus3681 is offline

Default Forged Craigslist scam checks

On 2009-04-19, Don Foreman wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 08:08:11 -0500, Ignoramus14774
wrote:

This is a "Wells Fargo" check.

Wells Fargo has a number of branches in the Chicago area. Take the
check there, tell the teller that you'd like to cash it (for cash) and
let them worry about who to notify and what recourse to take if they
determine that the check is suspect or definitely fraudulent. If the
teller just blows you off, then ask to speak with an officer of the
bank e.g. the branch manager.

I have high regard for Wells Fargo bank and the caliber of their
people. They've been my bankers since they accquired Norwest circa
about 2000.

Don, I will follow your advice and will take a check there (with full
warning). I admire WF too, and bought their stock in early March of
this year. WF did none of the stupid stuff that got banks in
trouble. They stuck to basics and did a very good job at being a good
bank.